Total Pageviews

Friday 15 June 2012

What I've learned from JOUR1111?

JOUR1111 opened a door for me to the world of journalism.
Things that I've learnt is immensely useful for me! I love how Dr. Bruce Redman made this course informative yet relax.

I like how this course is structured introducing the basic elements of what a journalist should know.
What is news to the importance of text, how does a picture tells a thousand words, the difference between commercial and public media, what they do and the roles they are playing in the society, how a journalist's ethics affects the world, what is agenda settings and what it do to influence the world, and lastly, investigative journalism.

Can't believe it has been one semester. I still remember the first time I walked into the class without seeing any familiar faces. As I'm majoring in Finance, I always take courses that I have friends taking as well. But in JOUR1111, I walked in and left without knowing any new friends.
Setting up a blog for assignment is a new things for me! Unlike assignments in other courses where you'll have to print a hard copy, analyze situation and case studies, this course offer me something that I always do like blogging and tweeting!

Although I did not know any new friends in the class, but I 'know' some new people via their blogs & tweets! Of all the blogs, some of them are really up-to-date and they talk about issues that they concern! I really enjoy reading it.

Besides knowing more about journalism, I know more about what I want to do in my future and fear less about it.

Thank you Dr. Bruce Redman and my tutor Marie for this amazing course!!

Here's a photo of me cycling around the city under the wonderful CityCycle program and it only cost me $2 a day! Cycled around New Farm, city and Botanic Garden with my best friend and brother. The weather was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment