Total Pageviews

Monday 19 March 2012

Lecture 1 Introduction

I always feel great on the first week of each semester. After a long eventful summer break, I can't wait for the classes to start! New faces, new course and so many new things to be learnt.
My first lecture of this semester is JOUR1111. As mentioned in my first post, this is my elective. Apart from my major, this is definitely something new and exciting to me. 2pm lecture is in Forgan Smith building, talked to a girl when I reached there and she said she had a hard time finding this place. Lucky for me, I attended Corporate Finance lecture last semester in the same lecture hall so I got familiar.

Our lecturer is Dr Bruce Redman. This quote kinda printed into my mind when he showed it to us. 

Am I? I don't find myself fit into this quote. Hopefully by the time I done this course I'll feel more towards it.



Yes. People expect it to be true. I come from a country where freedom of speech is something worth to be questioned. With politic parties controlling major media, resident have limited access to what it is really going on. 
But, how can you call yourself a journalist where everything you write will be monitored?

I always know that journalist is a mighty job. War journalist, travel journalist, business journalist, fashion journalist, and many more,countless field. Even the paparazzi is one of them. Being a journalist you have to write about the truth from your perspective. Some of them risk their life to photograph events and some risk the chance of getting arrested of revealing the truth. Everything they do is to get things out to the world for readers to see. 

What I think after lecture 1? This course is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment